San Jose, CA
A highly motivated designer with over 17 years experience creating graphics for the high tech industry. Extensive skills in graphic design, web design, typography, web animation, illustration, and photo retouch/manipulation. A creative and reliable individual who is multi-talented, deadline driven, and consistently delivers quality results.
Senior Graphic Designer
ServiceNow, Santa Clara, CA
January 2015 – Present
- Partner with the creative team to continually innovate the process, ideas and strategies that better support ServiceNow’s marketing communications.
- Responsible for creating design solutions that have a business impact on all communication channels (web, events, DM, etc.) with an emphasis on web and online.
- Leverage program inputs, translate into design concepts that communicate a variety of conceptual and directional choices.
- Responsible for maintaining the brand standards across all design work completed while partnering with the brand organization to extend the brand identity.
Senior Principal Graphic Designer
Symantec Corporation, Mountain View, CA
June 2004 – January 2015
- Design and execution of corporate communication projects including print and online.
- Personally execute or manage outside firm on projects from concept development through to print or web publishing.
- Insure that designs are within Symantec's identity and communications standards.
- Serve as a technical resource on typography, web coding, print specifications and press checks.
- Provide input for vendor selections and resolve any design-related or brand issues.
- Help build the Symantec Intranet community.
- Back-up web publisher for SymInfo and other corporate Intranet sites within the company.
Zircon Corporation, Campbell, CA
July 2003 – June 2004
- Worked closely with the Director of Creative Services to design and create effective graphics for product packaging, marketing collateral, corporate presentations, and trade advertisements.
- Illustrated the use and features of a wide product line of electronic tools, while striving to maintain consistency within an established corporate identity.
- Generated conceptual illustrations and renderings of products still in the stages of pre-production, while collaborating with the Engineering Department to ensure accuracy of product demonstration and packaging schematics.
- Designed and produced a wide variety of point-of-purchase, product placement, and promotional in-store graphics for retailers, trade exhibits, and wholesalers.
Key3Media Events, Foster City, CA
Auustg 2001 – October 2002
- Developed and implemented graphic solutions for marketing products such as events, newsletters, associations, and on-line advertising.
- Created an effective, consistent look and message for all marketing collateral.
- Translated concepts and information into visually compelling graphics under tight timelines.
- Worked closely with production managers and art directors to provide design and workflow support, including forecasting, tracking hours, and overall project management.
Graphic Designer III
Etec Systems, Inc. An Applied Materials Company, Hayward, CA
August 1998 – July 2001
- Provided graphic design and technical illustration for Corporate and Marketing Communications departments.
- Designed and generated product brochures, datasheets, tradeshow booth graphics, logos, and images used in product videos.
- Produced and updated graphics for both the Intranet and external web sites.
- Established and maintained strong relationships with outside vendors including service bureaus, printers, writers, and photographers.
- Worked closely with Human Resources and Corporate Training to create collateral promoting recruitment, education services, and extracurricular activities.
- Participated on various cross-functional initiative teams as needed.
- Enhanced brand equity by ensuring that functionally diverse departments adhered to corporate graphic identity standards.
E and I Design, Santa Clara, CA
1997 – 1998
San Jose State University
Bachelor of Science - Graphic Design with an Illustration Emphasis (1997)
- Member of SJSU Shrunkenheadman Illustration Club (founding year)